A couple of days ago we told you that a black Samsung Galaxy S III was probably on the way, since Samsung’s Olympics Facebook page had a picture on it showing this device. And now we get further confirmation, in leaked form of course, that such a variant of Samsung’s latest and greatest does exist after all, and may be launched soon.
The image below is apparently from an internal stocking system at Carphone Warehouse, the UK’s leading third party phone retailer. In it you can clearly see the black SGS3. Whether this is real or fake is impossible to tell, but before the Galaxy S III was announced, a similar-looking leak also purportedly from Carphone Warehouse surfaced and accurately showed the launch colors of blue and white.
Speaking of that, the Samsung Galaxy S III is the first flagship smartphone in a very long time to not be launched in a black (or dark grey) version at first. But because it is such a popular color for phone buyers, it would make sense for Samsung to release a black variant at some point. We’ll keep you posted.
Via Android Police
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Blue Samsung Galaxy S4 spotted in Japan. S4 Mini appears in live photos
- Samsung Galaxy S III officially gets four more colors
- [UPDATE: Error] Is there a white Nexus 4 on its way to Carphone Warehouse?
- Motorola Defy and white Samsung Galaxy S now available in the UK from Carphone Warehouse
- Samsung Galaxy S4 will have black and white color versions, up to 64GB of internal memory