The above has basically been LG’s rhetoric on the matter. The latest bit in the puzzle has arrived via the company’s own Korean Twitter account. So apparently there will be an update to ICS for the 2X at some point.
At least in South Korea. The update is in testing at the moment, and will be released when it’s ready for prime time. The schedule for the update will be announced soon, it seems. It’s wholly unclear whether it will ever find its way outside of LG’s native land, but if you own an Optimus 2X – don’t give up hope. An official Ice Cream Sandwich treat may just arrive on your phone in the future.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus Black Android 2.3 Gingerbread update finally on its way in Europe and India
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich not coming to the LG Optimus 2X
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for LG Optimus 2X rolling out in Korea now
- Android Jelly Bean updates coming soon to LG Optimus 4X HD, L9 and L7
- LG says it’s actually planning Android ICS updates for Optimus 2X and other phones