T-Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus isn’t the only Android device receiving its update to Ice Cream Sandwich today in North America. Up in Canada, Bell has released the update to Android 4.0 for its LG Optimus 4G LTE smartphone. This comes a little bit behind a leaked schedule from March, but – better late than never, right?
The carrier announced the good news on Twitter and put up a special page for the update on its website. Unfortunately, there won’t be an over-the-air rollout in this case. To get ICS running on your Optimus LTE, you’ll need to either go to a Bell product assistance centre or use a computer and the LG Mobile Support Tool.
Full instructions on how to do the latter are available here. It’s not a very complicated process, but OTA updates are always more convenient for smartphone and tablet owners. So we often wonder why some manufacturers and carriers still prefer to do things the old-fashioned way.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint LG Optimus G Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean rollout may have started
- LG GT540 Optimus gets upgraded to Android 2.1
- LG Optimus Black Android 2.3 Gingerbread update finally on its way in Europe and India
- AT&T LG Phoenix Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now available
- LG Optimus 4X HD receives Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update in Europe