The new handset that the FCC uncovered has the model number U9201L. The original Ascend P1 is the U9200, so it’s almost certain that the U9201L is an Ascend P1, too. The FCC is referring to the smartphone as the 201HW – this has been identified as coming to Japan via SoftBank. So unfortunately what we have here is not a US-bound device. It couldn’t have been anyway, since it features LTE connectivity on the XLI band, and HSPA on the I (2100 MHz), VIII (900 MHz), and XI (1500 MHz) bands.
Well, at least we know that an LTE-ready Ascend P1 from Huawei is about to be released somewhere. We’ll let you know if we hear anything about a possible launch in the US or Europe.
Looking to buy Android t-shirts? Check my Online Store here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Ascend D Quad and D Quad XL officially launching in late August
- Huawei Ascend P1 costs €450 in Europe, should be launched soon
- Huawei Ascend P1 with Android ICS to have an LTE version?
- Dual-core Huawei Ascend D1 launching tomorrow in China
- Huawei Ascend Mate priced at €499 in Europe