The Sony Xperia Ion for AT&T can now be yours for free. That’s right – zilch. Nada. That’s what Best Buy is offering right now, and this deal saves you the $99.99 that AT&T itself is still asking for this smartphone.
Plus, you get free shipping. Oh, and the offer is valid for both new contracts as well as existing customers who want to upgrade their hardware. Of course you’ll need to sign a two-year service agreement with AT&T, though. But you didn’t really think there was a way around that, now did you?
The Xperia Ion is the first phone that Sony launched sans Ericsson branding. It was announced at the beginning of this year and still has some great specs (especially considering that you’re getting it for free upfront; some feature phones are more expensive than this, keep that in mind).
It has a 4.55-inch 720p HD touchscreen, a 12 MP rear camera, a 1.3 MP front-facing camera, a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor, 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage, microSD slot, LTE, HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and a 1,900 mAh battery. It runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, although an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is planned.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia SP and Xperia L to be launched in the UK this month
- Sony Xperia P and Xperia U delayed in the UK until late May
- Sony Xperia S priced in the UK (£467.99 SIM-free), should be out in early March
- Sony Xperia P to be launched by Telstra in Australia on June 26
- Sony Xperia P and Xperia U announced – they’re smaller versions of the Xperia S