The Xiaomi Phone 2 runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and, like the older model, comes with the MIUI interface. It has impressive specs, including: a 28nm quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 APQ8064 processor, 4.3 inch IPS HD display, 8MP backside illuminated camera, 2MP front-facing camera, 16GB of internal memory, and 2GB of RAM (it looks like this is becoming the norm for all high-end Android smartphones).
Xiaomi says the new handset will be available in China starting October, for only 1,999 CNY (about $315 or €255). Carriers like China Unicom and China Telecom will also offer the handset. Multiple color versions will be available, including silver, blue, pink, and yellow. You can check out the new MI-2 here at Xiaomi’s official website (in Chinese).
Looking to buy Android t-shirts? Check my Online Store here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- iPhone 4S (CDMA) to be launched by China Telecom in February or March
- Nokia will launch Lumia on China Mobile on March 28 too
- Xiaomi MI-2 for China Telecom will be available on January 26
- Samsung Galaxy S to launch with 3 operators in China
- iPhone 4S now available from China Telecom, cheaper than at China Unicom