With all the talk about 5.5-inch touchscreens on smartphones (or small tablets, depending on how you look at things), you’d think that 2.8-inch displays were a thing of the past. But no. They’re not relegated to history books about non-touch screens. In fact, if you’re in the UK, you’ll be able to purchase a new tiny device from Alcatel next month.
That’s when the Carphone Warehouse is planning to release the Alcatel OT-903, a handset running Android 2.3 Gingerbread and sporting (you guessed it) a 2.8-inch 240×320 touchscreen.
Other notable features of this device include a microSD slot, Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity, and a GPS. There’s no word on pricing just yet, but this should really be dirt cheap if the retailer expects to sell any. I mean dirt cheap, £50-ish territory. It’s safe to assume it will be offered on Pay as you go and not on Pay Monthly, but we’ll have to wait until next month and see. If it’s priced well, this could be a decent second device for people, or of use to those who haven’t had a smartphone yet.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Alcatel OT-707 and OT-800 – cheap touchscreen and QWERTY phones
- Cheap Alcatel OT-355 QWERTY phone coming to Orange UK
- Cheap Alcatel One Touch 602 England Rugby to bring its touchscreen to O2 in August
- Alcatel One Touch Idol Ultra now world’s thinnest smartphone, 12 other Android devices announced too
- Alcatel One Touch 918 with Android Gingerbread, and dual-SIM Alcatel 318D coming soon