The update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the Sony Xperia P is now rolling out worldwide. Sony did previously say that this would happen in August, so it’s on schedule. It may even be early, since last we heard it was supposed to start on August 19.
The Xperia S already got its Ice Cream treat, and next in line are the Xperia U, Xperia Sola, and Xperia Go (but no actual time frame is known).
The rollout for the Xperia P is generally expected to be over-the-air, but in some cases it may be necessary to use Sony desktop software on a computer to install it. A nice touch is that you’ll get a notification on your phone regardless of which method you can use – so even if you need to access a computer, your phone will let you know when the update is ready.
Aside from the general bits and pieces in ICS, this update also brings with it three new media apps (Walkman, Album, and Movies), improved standby time (by up to four times), and some new functionality for the lock screen.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia S Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now rolling out
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now available
- Sony Xperia P Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update will be rolling out later this month
- Android Jelly Bean updates for Sony Xperia P, Xperia Go and Xperia E Dual rolling out this week
- Sony Xperia P to be updated to Android 4.0 ICS starting August