After many, many leaks over the past few weeks, Sony has decided to make the Xperia SL official. Quietly so, though. There are no flashy press releases to speak about here, but the new smartphone has appeared on the manufacturer’s website – with official pictures and specs.
As expected, the Xperia SL is going to be a slightly better version of the Xperia S that Sony launched earlier this year. The SL has a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor, 200 MHz more than its predecessor. It runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich from day one, and comes in a couple of new colors: pink and silver.
And… that’s it. Those are the only things differentiating the SL from the S. Not necessarily features as important as to warrant a new model designation if you ask us, but Sony clearly disagrees.
Unfortunately pricing and a release time frame aren’t available yet. But we do expect Sony to talk about the Xperia SL during its event in Berlin on August 29, so we may find out these things then. We’ll keep you posted.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- More Sony Xperia SL press photos show up, new colors unveiled
- Sony Xperia SL live photos emerge, show all possible angles
- Sony Xperia SL launched in China, priced at $610
- Sony Xperia S (with Android ICS), Xperia P and Xperia U launched in the US, unlocked
- #MWC10: Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro, Xperia X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro (video)