Acer has officially unveiled the Liquid Gallant and Liquid Gallant Duo, a new pair of Android-powered smartphones. They’re midrange devices, and as you may have gathered from the naming, they’re essentially the same device save for one feature: the Duo has dual-SIM capabilities, while the ‘vanilla’ Gallant is single-SIM.
So aside from that, the following specs apply to both devices: 4.3-inch qHD (540×960) touchscreen, 1 GHz processor, 5 MP camera, 1 GB of RAM, 4 GB of built-in storage space, all the usual connectivity options, and a 1,500 mAh battery. The OS running the show is Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
The Acer Liquid Gallant Duo comes with dual-standby support for its dual-SIM functionality, which means that both SIMs are effectively active at the same time. It’s nice to see more and more manufacturers choose this tech, since it finally makes dual-SIM usable in all circumstances.
The Liquid Gallants will come in Gentle Black and Ceramic White. They’ll be out in September, and Acer will be showcasing them during IFA in Berlin at the end of this month.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dual SIM Acer Liquid Gallant Duo with Android ICS coming soon
- Acer Liquid Gallant E350 spotted, Android ICS included
- Dual SIM Acer Liquid Gallant Duo priced in the UK
- Dual SIM Acer Z110 with Android 4.0 ICS coming soon
- Acer Liquid Z2 and E1 officially announced, both have dual SIM versions