Officially announced for Canada last month, the Motorola Defy Pro is now available there, thanks to Rogers. The largest Canadian mobile carrier is offering the Defy Pro for free on contract, or $274.99 without commitment.
Running Android 2.3 Gingerbread, the Motorola Defy Pro is IP67-certified, an features a full QWERTY keyboard, 2.7 inch Gorilla Glass display, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP rear camera, and a 1GHz single-core processor.
New devices aside, Rogers has provided details on its upcoming Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich updates. The carrier expects to update the Motorola Razr XT910 in late August, and the following devices in early September: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Sony Xperia Arc S, Sony Xperia Arc, and Sony Xperia Mini Pro. The Motorola Defy Pro will likely be stuck on Gingerbread.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and Xperia Play pre-orders go live at Rogers
- Motorola Defy Pro announced for Canada, will be launched by Rogers
- Sony Xperia Ion LTE getting its Android 4.0 ICS update as of now
- Sony announces new Android 4.0 ICS updates for 2011 Xperias
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S, Motorola Defy+ and LG Optimus Spirit announced by Telstra in Australia