Most of Sony’s Xperia smartphones introduced in 2011 have already received Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. This being said, Sony announced a new series of updates for its handsets launched last year. The updates won’t bring a newer version of Android (although Jelly Bean is a possibility in the future), but “bug fixes, performance tweaks and other improvements.”
The Xperia Arc (pictured below), Xperia Arc S, Xperia Ray, Xperia Neo, Xperia Neo V, Xperia Mini, Xperia Pro, and Xperia Active will receive their updates starting this week. Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Live, and Xperia Neo L will get them next week.
Those who have Android 4.0 ICS on their 2011 Xperia will be able to download the new software package over the air. If you still run Android 2.3 Gingerbread, you should go here for more details.
Looking to buy Android t-shirts? Check my Online Store here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android 4.0 ICS updates for Sony Xperia Arc and Neo rolling-out now
- Sony Ericsson’s 2011 Xperia line will get Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and Play getting Android 2.3.3 upgrade next week?
- Confirmed: Android Ice Cream Sandwich coming to Sony Ericsson’s Xperia 2011 lineup
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play won’t be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich after all