The update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the Motorola Droid 4 has been ready to deploy for more than a week now. We let you know when Verizon went and published the update-related documents online, as that usually signifies an imminent rollout start.
And now Cult of Android is reporting that the first Droid 4 owners are in fact receiving the update. This means that the rollout is on its way, and your phone will notify you once it’s ready to download and install the new software version. However, as is the case with all over-the-air rollouts, it may take a few days for the update to reach your particular device, so don’t panic.
Or, if you’re impatient, start manually checking by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates. Who knows, something sweet and tasty may be waiting for you.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Global and Droid Pro Android 2.3 Gingerbread updates finally rolling out now
- Sprint’s HTC Evo 3D gets a software update that improves battery life and security
- Verizon Samsung Droid Charge Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out
- Motorola Droid RAZR HD, Droid RAZR MAXX HD Android 4.1 update announced by Verizon, rollout imminent
- Sprint HTC Evo Shift 4G Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will be available on June 17