What comes after the ZTE Blade (a.k.a Orange San Francisco) and the Blade II (or was that Blade S)? Obviously, the ZTE Blade III. And, without an announcement of any sort, it’s been spotted on sale in Finland.
The ZTE Blade III runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and has a 1 GHz processor, a 3.5-inch 480×800 touchscreen, a 5 MP camera with LED flash, 512 MB of RAM, 200 MB of built-in storage, microSD slot, and all the usual connectivity options.
If you’re in Finland, you can order a ZTE Blade III for €199.90. Not a bad price for the specs, but it’s a significantly lower value than, for example, its grandfather the Blade which was sold as the Orange San Francisco in the UK for just £99. Which, by the way, is exactly how much is being charged over there nowdays for the Huawei Ascend G300 – that has almost identical specs to the Blade III.
Still, Finland isn’t the UK, so maybe there are no better options on offer for less money in Nokia’s homeland. The Finnish retailer that has put up the Blade III says it will start shipping the smartphone in 2-4 weeks. Plenty of time there for a price cut, we think.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Orange San Francisco II to be also sold as ZTE Blade S
- Project JAL budget Android smartphone gets official as the Orange San Francisco
- New Orange San Francisco II (ZTE Crescent) coming soon
- ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco Android 2.2 Froyo update arrives this month
- ZTE has sold two million Blade/Orange San Francisco Android smartphones so far