Android 4.0 coming to LG Prada, Optimus 2X, Optimus Black, Optimus 3D, Optimus LTE, says LG Singapore
After playing with its customers’ nerves for many months now, LG finally has something official(-ish) to say about its Ice Cream Sandwich rollout. Again, that is. Back in November of 2011, the company reassured us that it will update the Prada 3.0, Optimus LTE, Optimus 2X, and Optimus Black.
Since then, however, it’s been one confusing mess with no actual updates in sight. Most recently, we found out (via leaked packaging) that the Optimus Black will probably see ICS, as well as the Optimus 2X (but maybe just in South Korea).
Today LG’s Singaporean arm took to Facebook to re-announce ICS updates for the Prada 3.0, Optimus 2X, Optimus Black, Optimus 3D, and Optimus LTE. These updates will happen “in due time”, whatever that means. Maybe LG’s waiting for Google to unveil yet another new version of Android until it does that, since Jelly Bean is already out and ICS is no longer the latest.
Also a mystery is where you’ll be able to get this update. Maybe just in Singapore, since this is LG Singapore speaking? Who knows. We’ll keep you posted, but if you care about timely software updates it’s pretty clear that you shouldn’t buy an LG device. The company has one of the worst track records on the matter.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus G to be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean starting December
- LG Optimus 2X Android 4.0 ICS update now scheduled for Q3?
- LG Optimus 2X, Black, and 3D Android 2.3 Gingerbread updates finally coming in November
- Sprint LG Optimus G Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean rollout may have started
- Android Jelly Bean updates coming soon to LG Optimus 4X HD, L9 and L7