The Asus Transformer Pad 300 was probably the first non-Nexus device to get updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, thus keeping with the Taiwanese company’s tradition of being one of the fastest to issue updates to new OS versions. But the initial rollout, which we told you about last week, was limited to the US.
Not anymore, though. Jelly Bean has now trickled across the ocean and arrived in the UK. We can assume that the other European countries are going to be next. Asus UK announced on its Facebook page that the JB update is now rolling out.
As this is an over-the-air update, your tablet will notify you once it reaches it. If you’re impatient, you can just manually check by going to Settings > About tablet. You may find a tasty treat waiting for you over there.
Aside from all the enhancements found in JB itself, this update also comes with unnamed improvements to preinstalled apps, new power options, and global file search. Happy updating!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update now rolling out
- Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700T) and Acer Iconia Tab A700 get updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- AT&T HTC One X Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update finally starts rolling out
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the Nexus S now rolling out
- AT&T LG Optimus G Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update now rolling out