The HTC Proto is coming soon. That’s probably a codename, so it will end up being sold as something else. Not as the Desire V, though. That particular device has already been announced by HTC for Europe, and it looks exactly like the Proto.
Hence, the Proto is probably just a tweaked Desire V, losing the dual-SIM functionality, but gaining a dual-core processor (the V has a single-core unit). Other than that, these two phones seem to be identical, at least if we judge based on the few leaked specs we have for the Proto so far: 5 MP camera, and a 4-inch 480×800 touchscreen. The dual-core processor will be clocked at 1 GHz.
When this will be unveiled is unknown at this point, as is any hint about a price point. However, the Proto may end up being a successor of sorts to the One V, in the Taiwanese company’s lower-midrange space. If HTC is going to cut its prices across the board as rumored, then it stands to reason that the Proto will be cheaper at launch than the One V was. In which case it may do rather well, sales-wise. But let’s wait and see.
Via The Verge
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Proto to be called Desire X?
- HTC Desire C pre-orders start in the UK for £189.99, shipping on May 24
- HTC Desire U launches in Taiwan with midrange specs, priced at $274
- HTC Desire S now available in the UK SIM-free for £409.99
- HTC is developing its own CPU for lower end smartphones with ST-Ericsson