Apple is set to hold two different big events in the coming months, in which it will showcase its newest wares. The iPhone 5 is widely believed to be scheduled for a September 12 unveiling, followed by a release on September 21. Last we heard anything about it, the oft-rumored iPad Mini was supposed to be announced on the same day as the new iPhone.
However, that may not be the case. AllThingsD has spoken to several of its sources, and now reports that Apple will schedule a second event in October, during which it will show the iPad Mini to the world.
With such scheduling, Apple can take advantage of the lucrative holiday shopping season for both of its new devices, and at the same time won’t see either of them cannibalize the attention of the other in the press. The iPhone will have its 15 minutes of fame for about a month, after which it will be the small iPad’s turn.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 7.85-inch iPad Mini ‘confirmed’ one more time for an October release
- iPad Mini mass production has started
- Apple reports Q3 2012 results. iPhone sales up, iPad sales down
- iPhone 5 launch only in late October
- iPad Mini 2 will have 2,048×1,536 Retina Display with 324 ppi