Samsung hasn’t forgotten about the Galaxy S II, it seems. Far from thinking about retiring last year’s flagship, the Korean company is about to launch a limited Crystal Edition of the phone.
Just like the name implies, the Samsung Galaxy S II Crystal Edition comes with a leather back cover that is adorned with no less than 129 Swarovski crystals. The smartphone is white (as is the leather on the back), and aside from the prominent crystals it’s basically identical to the year-old vanilla version of the Galaxy S II, coming with the same 4.3-inch 480×800 Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen, 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 8 MP rear camera, and 1,650 mAh battery.
The Galaxy S II Crystal Edition will be out in October, and you’ll be able to purchase one for around €599. A hefty price to pay, but those crystals may be worth it for some – at least that’s what Samsung seems to think. The limited edition phone will be showcased by Samsung during IFA, and may get officially announced tomorrow. Stay tuned.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy S III i939D shows up in China
- Samsung Galaxy S II Bobbi Brown limited edition launches in Korea, comes with matching makeup kit
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to be launched in the UK tomorrow
- Dual-SIM Samsung Galaxy S II Duos headed to China
- 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 announced. Octa-core Nexus 11 and Dual SIM Tab Duos also in the making?