It’s almost official now: in Verizon’s roster, M is for ‘midrange’. The Motorola XT907 will indeed be launched by Big Red as the Droid RAZR M 4G LTE. The device has been leaked, and in comprehensive fashion no less: pictures (which you can see below), specs, the whole deal. You can clearly see from the images that this is the same device that got pictured as the XT907 last month.
The Droid RAZR M will have a 4.3-inch qHD (540×960) Super AMOLED touchscreen with Gorilla Glass 2, a 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, an 8 MP rear camera with 1080p Full HD video recording, a 3 MP front-facing camera, global roaming, 8 GB of built-in storage, 1 GB of RAM, microSD slot, and NFC (alongside the obvious LTE capabilities). The device will run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and will have software-rendered on-screen Android buttons. The back of the RAZR M is made out of kevlar, just like the Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX.
The Droid RAZR M will almost certainly be announced during Motorola’s September 5 event, where we also expect to see the Droid RAZR HD finally get unveiled. That’s when we’ll know how much the RAZR M will cost, and when it will be in stores.
It’s amazing to think that the RAZR M will be Moto’s midrange offering on Verizon, with specs that are identical to (and some even best) those of the Droid RAZR – the company’s flagship less than a year ago.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr M available now
- Motorola Razr HD LTE launched in Canada by Rogers. Verizon’s version could be out next week
- Verizon Droid Razr Maxx will be launched on January 26 according to Motorola
- Motorola Razr Maxx officially coming to Europe in May, stars in anti iPhone 4S and Galaxy Nexus video
- Motorola compares its Droid Razr HD to Samsung’s Galaxy S III