On September 6, Amazon is hosting an event during which the Kindle Fire 2 is widely believed to be announced. It has been leaked many times in the past few months as the successor to Amazon’s very successful original Kindle Fire, the first decently specced tablet to be sold for just $199.99. Never, though, have we actually seen what the next Kindle Fire will look like.
As you can see, this tablet looks a lot like its predecessor. However, Skype is being demoed in one of the pics, and a front-facing camera is visible too. Since we don’t have any shot of the back, we can’t say whether there will be a camera over there too.
Apparently Amazon may show two tablets next week, a 7-incher as well as a 10-inch unit. This has been rumored many times until now, and it still isn’t clear that that’s how things are going to be. Also, we can’t be sure which of those devices the pictures above show, but it’s probably the 7-inch Fire 2.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ported to Amazon Kindle Fire
- Amazon Kindle Fire still selling very well
- Google Nexus 7 tablet targeting Amazon’s Kindle Fire, says Asus exec
- Amazon “Kindle Fire” tablet to be unveiled Wednesday
- 8.9 inch Amazon Kindle Fire with Full HD resolution to join other two new 7 inch models?