Intel finally managed to get its Atom processors out of the concept/prototype device territory into a working commercial models.
But it is hard to think about chipzilla’s achievements in mobile as a success.
The only commercial devices that shipped with Intel inside this year, were either unbranded and cheap carrier versions, or regional brands with very limited sales expectations. Well, there is also ZTE Grand X IN, announced last week. But, you know – it is ZTE…
Though, maybe, things are be about to change.
Motorola reps say that they will change the name of the device with Intel CPU, but will keep the rest of the RAZR M goodies – no-bezel form factor, 4.3” 960x540px display with Gorilla Glass, aluminum frame, Kevlar backplate, etc;
With Motorola brand and some impressive hardware behind it, Intel might finally start getting some respect in the market… If mobile Atom can carry the load on a high-end device, which is not really certain at this point.
Intel powered Motorola RAZR M should be announced on September 18th .
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola will launch Intel Atom based Android smartphones, tablets
- Orange Android on Atom Z2460. 14 day standby, 6 hrs of HD video, 8 hrs talk time. This time Intel is for real
- Intel sets Atom-based iPhone mini-tablet rumor straight
- Intel brings Android to Atom-based smartphones
- Motorola’s Razr i Intel Android phone headed to China, redesigned as MT788