It looks like Sony has decided to launch the new Xperia SL in China first. The handset has appeared over at several Chinese retailers (including 360), and customers can already order it for 3,888 RMB (about $610). The available color versions are white, silver, black, and pink.
As previously mentioned, the Xperia SL is just a minor upgrade over the Xperia S. It runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich from day one, and is powered by a 1.7GHz dual-core processor. That aside, it comes with the same features the Xperia S has, including a 4.3 inch HD display, 1GB of RAM, and a 12MP rear camera.
We don’t know when the Sony Xperia SL will become available in Europe, but it’s probably going to happen soon. We’ll let you know.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Sony Xperia LT29i Hayabusa and ST21i Tapioca with Android ICS pictured
- Sony Xperia S coming to Orange UK, Vodafone has no plans to offer it
- Sony Xperia U and LG Optimus L7 headed to Fido Canada
- Sony Xperia P and Xperia U delayed in the UK until late May
- New Sony Xperia LTE Android phone to be launched in June, could be the LT29i Hayabusa