Windows Phone 8-like Start screen, plus other enhancements coming in future update to Nokia Lumia 900, 800, 710 and 610
While its main concern now is how to make the new Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 successful, Nokia didn’t forget about its older Windows Phone 7 handsets. That’s why they’re going to get some software updates soon.
According to Nokia, the Lumia 900, Lumia 800, Lumia 710 and Lumia 610 will all get a “new Start screen look and feel, familiar from Windows Phone 8.” The upcoming updates will also bring a ringtone maker app (in select markets only). Moreover, the contact share app will support sharing over Bluetooth.
Nokia says that the software updates for the four WP7 Lumias will be rolled-out in phases. Details on exact timing will be unveiled soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Lumia 620 selling very well. Lumia 920 and 800 are the most popular WP8 devices at the moment
- Nokia launches City Lens augmented reality service for Lumia 900, 800, and 710
- Nokia presents the differences between Lumia 820, Lumia 822 (Verizon) and Lumia 810 (T-Mobile)
- Nokia Lumia 720 and 520 pictured. This is Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 future
- Software updates for Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 arriving on June 27, Wi-Fi tethering included