Samsung Galaxy S III to get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean starting October, S II in November. Galaxy Ace 2 and S Advance are also upgradeable
While Samsung has already stated that the Galaxy S III would be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean “very soon”, it looks like it won’t happen this month.
According to Samsung Denmark, the latest Galaxy flagship will get Jelly Bean starting October, or even November. November is also the month when the older Galaxy S II should be upgraded to the newest version of Android. Here’s a table with some of Samsung’s smartphones, and the upcoming updates (see the third row) for them:
As a reminder, EE UK will launch the S III running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean from day one (but there’s no word on exactly when this is going to happen).
Other two Samsung handsets that will reportedly get Jelly Bean are the Galaxy Ace 2 i8160, and the Galaxy S Advance i9070. Both are running Android 2.3 Gingerbread at the moment and, according to GSM Arena and Samsung Bulgaria, they’ll be updated directly to Jelly Bean, without seeing Ice Cream Sandwich first. We’ll find out soon if this is true or not.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 rolling out now
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 updated to Android Jelly Bean
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III gets updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Official Android Jelly Bean updates for Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000) and Galaxy Ace 2 i8160 coming soon
- Samsung Galaxy S II to get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in February