Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 getting Android 4.0 ICS soon. Galaxy S III ready for an update, too
Verizon has let the world know that its Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is finally going to receive an official update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The update is “coming soon”, and is detailed here at Verizon.
Another Samsung Android device that will get a software update soon is the Galaxy S III. Of course, this already runs Android ICS, so the update won’t change the Android version (although 4.1 Jelly Bean is definitely coming later this year). What you will get with this update is a fixed “No SIM” error message, plus Verizon’s Remote Diagnostic Tool, and improved S Beam data connectivity. More details are available here (PDF file).
We’ll let you know exactly when the two updates start rolling-out to Verizon’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy S III.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid 4 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update is ready to roll out
- Samsung Droid Charge Android Gingerbread update arriving on November 29
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr gets a software update
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic and 4G LTE Xoom get software updates
- Verizon Samsung Droid Charge Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out