Windows Phone 8 handsets will be released around the world starting next month, and Canada will obviously not be forgotten. Apparently, Bell has confirmed that it’s going to offer WP8 devices to Canadians. And if you’re hoping that it will have the new Nokia Lumia 920, well, it looks like that’s not going to happen. Or at least not too soon.
Mobile Syrup has obtained a screenshot of an email sent by the Assistant to the President of Bell Mobility, who states: “Bell will be supporting the Windows Phone 8 release in Canada with two new devices from leading manufacturers. At this time we are not planning to carry the Nokia Lumia 920.”
The two devices could be the Samsung Ativ S, and the Nokia Lumia 820. Of course, there are other WP8 handsets to be announced (including by HTC), so we can’t know anything for sure at the moment. But we’ll let you know when we hear more on this.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 announced for Canada (Telus, Rogers)
- Sprint will sell LTE-ready Windows Phone 8 handsets next year
- Windows Phone 8 officially coming soon to Sprint
- Nokia Lumia 920 will be Rogers’ first Windows Phone 8 handset
- New Nokia Lumia 910 could run Windows Phone 8