The HSPA+ version of Sony Xperia Ion was launched running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich from day one (at least in some markets). But the LTE-capable edition came with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and the promise of a future update to ICS.
Well, it looks like Xperia Ion LTE users in Hong Kong and Taiwan can update their handset to Android 4.0 ICS as of now – at least that’s what Sony HK is suggesting.
Moreover, Rogers has tweeted that its own LTE-enabled Canadian Xperia Ion will get ICS “next week.”
AT&T has yet to provide details on the Ice Cream Sandwich update for its Xperia Ion. But let’s hope we’ll hear something about this soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia S launching in Canada on April 17, compatible with Rogers’ network
- Sony Xperia Ion headed to Canada, too, will have LTE
- Sony Xperia S will cost $499.99 outright in Canada
- Rogers launches Motorola Defy Pro, details Android ICS update plans for some devices
- Sony Xperia Ion and LG Optimus L5 coming to Canada really soon