Announced at the end of August as LG’s new flagship Android handset (and as a direct competitor to Samsung’s Galaxy S III and Apple’s iPhone 5), the Optimus G should become available in South Korea later this month, while a US version of it may be announced on September 19. But what about Canada?
Well, according to the Bluetooth SIG, the Optimus G (which has several model numbers, including E971 and E973) is headed to Canada, too. Sadly, we have no idea when the smartphone will be released there, and neither via what carriers – but Rogers, Bell and Telus could all all offer it.
In any case, the LG Optimus G will feature Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (upgradeable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean), LTE, a 4.7 inch True HD IPS+ display with 1280 x 768 pixels, 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU, 13MP rear camera, 2GB of RAM, and 32GB of internal memory.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus 4X HD to be released in Canada “this fall”
- HTC One S to be launched by Telus in Canada on May 17
- LG Optimus L7 and Sony Xperia U and launched in Canada (by Rogers, Fido)
- LG Optimus LTE confirmed by Telus
- Rogers and Bell getting Windows Phone 7, too: Samsung Focus and LG Quantum (Optimus 7Q)