While Verizon has already updated lots of its Android devices to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, there are still users who are waiting for their official update. For example, Motorola Droid Bionic and Motorola Droid Xyboard 8.2 users.
Although ICS for both devices was supposed to arrive this quarter, Motorola now says they’re going to get the new version of Android in the fourth quarter of the year – hence in October the earliest.
What curious is that the Droid Xyboard 10.1 (which, except for the bigger display, is similar to the Xyboard 8.2) has already received its Ice Cream Sandwich fix.
Anyway, let’s hope that both the Droid Bionic and the Xyboard 8.2 will be updated in the first half of the fourth quartet. We’ll let you know when it happens anyway.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s HTC Rezound, Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx to get Android 4.0 ICS updates next week?
- Verizon Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx should get Android Jelly Bean updates this quarter
- Verizon posts Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich updates list. HTC, Motorola, Samsung and LG devices included
- Motorola’s Droid Xyboards now $50 cheaper at Verizon
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic now costs $99 on contract, comes without MicroSD card