Only two months after launching the 5 inch Vega S5, Pantech has now introduced another extra-large smartphone: the Vega R3.
The new Pantech Vega R3 is slightly larger than the S5, coming with a 5.3 inch display (HD, of course). It runs Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich – almost certainly upgradeable to Jelly Bean – and features a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 processor, LTE, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, 13MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory, and a 2,600 mAh battery.
With such specs, the Vega R3 can be certainly seen as a direct competitor to Samsung’s new Galaxy Note II. In fact, Pantech goes as far as saying its new device is “the best existing quad-core smartphone.” However, for now we only know that the handset is going to be released in South Korea (via all major carriers), and there’s no word if it can make it to other markets.
Via Yonhap News
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Pantech Vega No. 6 launched outside Korea
- Pantech’s 5 inch Full HD IM-A870 Android smartphone called Vega Iron
- Pantech Vega No.6 arrives in Korea in February with 5.9″ 1080p screen, quad-core CPU
- Pantech Vega Racer 2: 4.8″ HD display, ceramic body and LTE chip inside
- Pantech Vega No. 6 gets official: Android Jelly Bean, 5.9 inch 1080p display