In the UK, Tesco Mobile wants to bring the concept of ‘cheap but decent Android smartphone’ to a whole new level. £70, to be precise.
For that’s exactly how much the new Huawei Ascend Y201 costs on Pay as you go at Tesco. With Pay Monthly contracts, you can get it for free from £10 per month.
The Ascend Y201, which is undoubtedly a close relative of the Ascend Y200 that we saw in India in July, comes with a 3.5-inch 320×480 touchscreen, a 3.2 MP camera, an 800 MHz processor, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 256 MB of RAM, 512 MB of ROM, microSD slot (with a 4 GB card in the box), and a 1,250 mAh battery. The phone is 9.9 mm thin and it runs Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread with a Huawei UI on top.
The Huawei Ascend Y201 is out at Tesco right now in white. If you’re interested in picking one up, go here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Ascend Y200 and Ascend G300 released in India
- Cincinnati Bell launches Android-powered Huawei Ascend X, its first 4G smartphone
- Huawei Ascend G330 lands in the UK in December, will be free with £10/month contracts
- Huawei Ascend II now available for free at US Cellular
- Android-powered Huawei Ascend G300 has great specs for just £100, arrives at Vodafone UK this Friday