After having made the Xperia Acro S available unlocked in the US a couple of days ago, Sony has released the Xperia Tipo and Tipo Dual today too. Again, these are being sold unlocked and contract-free from Sony’s US online store.
The Xperia Tipo and Tipo Dual are identical, save for the latter’s added dual-SIM functionality (obvious from its name). The Xperia Tipo can be yours for $179.99, and the Tipo Dual is priced at $189.99.
Both phones come with a 3.2-inch 320×480 touchscreen, a 3.2 MP camera, an 800 MHz processor, 512 MB of RAM, 2.9 GB of storage space (of which 2.5 GB is usable), microSD slot, all the usual connectivity options, and a 1,500 mAh battery.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia Tipo now up for pre-order in the UK for £134.98, ships on August 20
- Sony Xperia Tipo with AT&T-friendly 3G hits the FCC
- Sony Xperia Acro S, Tipo Dual, and Advance coming soon to the US
- Sony Xperia L arrives in the UK on May 15
- Sony Xperia E (single-SIM) up for pre-order in the UK for £129.99, ships on March 19