The Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR MAXX HD for Verizon may have been delayed by their maker, apparently. The rumor of the day claims that Motorola has run into issues with the antenna placement in these devices, which feature a different internal layout than the Droid RAZR M (which hasn’t been delayed, and in fact it’s already out).
The size of the antennas as well as the fact that they make contact with the external edges of the devices are said to be the causes for Motorola’s problems. Interestingly, the antennas in these two devices are smaller than those used in the Droid RAZR M. A baffling decision, it would seem. And one that may have come back to bite Moto.
According to Phone Arena, Motorola is hard at work fixing these issues, but because of them it may not be able to release the two phones before Thanksgiving. Still, they probably will be on the shelves before the end of the year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR HD screen protectors arrive in stores, may mean launch is imminent
- Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR MAXX HD could arrive in October
- More evidence that Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr Maxx will be out on January 26
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD shows up in photos
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD launching on October 18