The Samsung Galaxy S III Mini that was rumored to exist all the way back in August may finally be announced in a few days.
Samsung’s German arm has started sending out invites for an event it’s holding on October 11 (next Thursday). The words that accompany the invitation mean something along the lines of “something small will be really big”, and “get ready for a little sensation”.
In the center of the image above, we can make out the S that Samsung has always used for its Galaxy S branded devices, so it’s going to be a Galaxy S that will get unveiled next week.
Hence, MobiFlip speculates that the Galaxy S III Mini is the only device that this can logically be, given all the ‘small is big’ references.
The Galaxy S III Mini will probably emulate its bigger brother’s shape in a much more compact package, and should launch running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Previously leaked details had it coming with a 4-inch 480×800 touchscreen, a dual-core processor, and a 5 MP rear camera.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and Galaxy Mini 2 hands-on images and video at MWC 2012
- Samsung Galaxy S III Mini gets official: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, 4 inch screen
- Samsung Galaxy S III Mini offered with free Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in the UK
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini gets official, comes in dual SIM, 3G and LTE flavors
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and Galaxy Mini 2 UK launch details unveiled