AT&T will start taking pre-orders for its upcoming Windows Phone 8 devices on October 21. On the same day, the carrier will also start taking pre-orders for the Windows 8 tablets that it’s going to subsidize.
This information comes from ‘sources familiar with AT&T’s and Microsoft’s plans’, via The Verge. All of AT&T WP8 devices, including the 8X by HTC as well as the Nokia Lumia 920 (pictured below) and the Lumia 820 will go on pre-order on the same day.
The Samsung Ativ Smart PC and the Asus Vivo Tab RT tablets will be launched on October 26, on the day of the Windows 8 release. Unfortunately, we have no actual release dates for the phones in question, but speculation has pegged ‘early November’ as the likely time frame so far. Stay tuned.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon starts taking pre-orders for the Nokia Lumia 822 ($99.99) and HTC 8X ($199.99) tomorrow
- AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 pre-orders no longer available in Microsoft stores
- Pre-orders for Verizon’s Nokia Lumia 822 and HTC 8X will ship by November 13
- AT&T’s Windows Phone 8X by HTC coming in 8GB and 16GB versions?
- Asus Vivo Tab and Vivo Tab RT Windows 8 tablets showcased at IFA, full specs announced