The Alcatel One Touch View that we saw yesterday will not be released just in Europe, as already reported, but also in China. And this certainly makes sense, since TCL – the company that manufactures Alcatel handsets since 2005 – is based there.
The smartphone will not be Alcatel-branded in China, though, but TCL S606 “Horizon”. It’s an entry-level device with Windows Phone 7.8, and features that include a 4 inch WVGA display, 1GHz single-core processor, 5MP rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, 512MB of RAM, and 4GB of internal memory.
It’s not clear exactly when the TCL S606 will be available in China, but it should happen before the end of the year. In any case, this will be the first Windows Phone handset from TCL /Alcatel.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Triumph doesn’t wait for Windows Phone 7.5 Tango’s official launch, gets unboxed
- Huawei W1 with Windows Phone 8 shows up
- Nokia Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II now available at AT&T, Windows Phone fans rejoice
- Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 launching in Asia next week
- Samsung Galaxy S II 4G and Galaxy Rush announced by Boost Mobile. Galaxy Reverb headed to Virgin Mobile