It looks like there’s something of a consensus in the leakosphere that the next Nexus device will be called LG Nexus 4. Earlier today, we first told you that this naming was a real possibility, when a leaked image purportedly showing the Carphone Warehouse’s inventory system showed it in all its glory.
And now French newspaper Le Figaro published a report in which it calls it the Nexus 4 too. Of course, hard evidence that this is indeed the name to expect is lacking at the moment, but at this rate of leakage we should know for sure in a few days.
Until then, we have a supposed announcement date for the phone: October 29. Interestingly, the ‘worldwide launch’ (whatever that will end up meaning is unclear) is going to take place on the same date. That’s something that hasn’t happened in the Nexus world since the Nexus One was unveiled in January of 2010.
So, needless to say, it would be exciting. Not even Apple launches new gear on the day of the announcement. 19 days remaining, folks. Start counting.
Do, however, do that with the standard issue grain of salt in your vicinity. This is, for now, an unconfirmed rumor (even if it does come from a ‘traditional’ media outlet).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- iPad HD (iPad 3) rumored to be in stores on March 16, may support LTE
- Microsoft Surface Pro release date may be January 26. Or January 29. Or January 30
- Google’s next Nexus to be unveiled on October 29, Windows Phone 8 day
- Samsung Nexus Prime may be released on November 3
- Rumor: Verizon LTE iPhones already shipping, may be launched after Christmas