According to All Things D and “people familiar with Apple’s plans”, the Cupertino giant will finally announce the smaller iPad on October 23. The source can’t confirm any of the features the iPad Mini will have. However, we’ve previously heard the tablet would come with a 7.85 inch display – this would make it a bit larger than the Google Nexus 7 and Amazon Kindle Fire, with which it will directly compete.
It’s said that Apple component suppliers would manufacture more than 10 million iPad Minis before the end of the year. It remains to be seen if that’s true or not.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 8.9 inch Amazon Kindle Fire with Full HD resolution to join other two new 7 inch models?
- iPad Mini mass production set to start in September, announcement may come by October
- Amazon has already ordered 2 million Kindle Fire 2s from Quanta to ship on August 7
- Rumored upcoming 7.85-inch iPad Mini to cost $249-299, will have slim bezel
- 10 million Apple iPad Mini tablets to be produced this quarter?