After Samsung, Nokia and HTC, China-based Huawei is also getting ready to announce a Windows Phone 8 device. The announcement was supposed to come last month, but that didn’t happen. Anyway, reportedly called Huawei W1, the new handset should be officially unveiled before the end of the year.
Until then, the W1 has appeared in some leaked photos for us to see.
The handset kind of looks like HTC 8X. However, its features bring it closer to the lower-end HTC 8S, including: a 4 inch WVGA display, 5MP rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory, and a 2,000 mAh battery.
The W1 will be released by Huawei in China first. We’ve previously heard it would cost around $310, hence being among the cheapest new Windows Phone handsets out there.
Via Blog of Mobile
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei’s first Windows Phone 8 handset (W1) appears in press photos
- Huawei’s Ascend W1 Windows Phone 8 handset launching at O2 UK next month
- HTC launches its 8X and 8S Windows Phone 8 handsets in China before Nokia’s Lumia 920
- Huawei will bring both low-end and high-end Windows Phone 8 devices to CES 2013
- Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 launching in Asia next week