For a few months now, some rumors have been circulating that claim that this year we’ll see more than one new Nexus branded smartphone. Apparently, HTC, LG, Samsung, and Sony are all getting ready to get into the Nexus program for 2012 (which may or may not have changed its meaning yet again this year).
You can probably notice the lack of any Xperia branding, as well as the subtle hints that this is indeed a Nexus – ‘Google’ on the back (as opposed to ‘with Google’ for non-Nexus devices), and the lack of any brand at all on the front of the handset.
Of course, this could be an elaborate hoax. These images may not show Sony’s first Nexus. But we can’t be sure either way, so here’s your chance to make up your own mind about this.
If this is a Nexus, you can probably expect it to be just a slightly tweaked Xperia T. That’s Sony’s current flagship offering, and the Nexus 4 by LG seems to be just a tweaked Optimus G (which is its flagship) – hence the thought. Stay tuned for much more Nexus stuff, since the grand unveiling is supposed to be this month.
Via Xperia Blog
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia S Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update may arrive at the end of March
- Sony Xperia J smiles for the camera in extensive preview
- Sony LT30 Xperia Mint might be called Xperia T after all
- Sony Xperia SL live photos emerge, show all possible angles
- Sony Xperia Z now available in France for €649