Remember the times when we used to refer to our mobile phones as bricks? I do. But our handsets started to get smaller, slimmer real fast, and the name just faded away.
Well, if you have a bunch of money to spare, you may soon be able to hold a real marble brick of a smartphone in your hand. Courtesy of a luxury handset maker Mobiado.
A couple of years ago Mobiado sent out a press release with a picture of a concept phone CPT001, made from a solid block of marble:
We all smiled, shrugged, penned our short news pieces about the thing, and promptly forgot about it. Just another weird designer flight of fancy.
Or so we thought.
Well, it seems that Mobiado was serious about its marble phone. They’ve just sent out another press release, claiming that their first Grand Touch Executive mobile phone based on CPT001 concept and made from a “hybrid stone material”, is almost ready.
Granted, Mobiado still can not show us a working phone. Only what looks like a stone chassis and a collection of parts.
But now you got me really interested in this thing, guys. Even if I’ll only be able to see it in some closed stand at some millionaires fair.
Now can you give me some real pics and more details about that sapphire touchscreen, golden screws and other stuff to drool about?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Mobiado Grand Touch with Android Gingerbread is the company’s first luxury touchscreen phone
- Mobiado Grand Line collection debuts with the QWERTY-equipped Grand 350PRL
- Mobiado shows off CPT001 concept phone
- Mobiado Aston Martin luxury phones coming soon. CPT002 transparent phone concept unveiled
- Mobiado Grand 350 Pioneer luxury phone pays homage to NASA