Apple has sent out invitations for an event that will take place on October 23. We’ve already heard that this is the day when the Cupertino company would announce the iPad Mini, and it’s very unlikely that we’ll see something else then.
The iPad Mini, which most probably sports a 7.85 inch display, will allow Apple to foray into a segment of market currently dominated by Google’s Nexus 7 and Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablets.
Apple Insider has received a document which suggests the iPad Mini will have no less than 12 different configurations, each coming in two color versions: black and white.
Said document shows a list of iPad Mini SKUs, including the P101, P103, P105 and P107 models. These may mean the new Apple tablet has four storage options – 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB – which could all come in Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi + 3G, and Wi-Fi + 3G and LTE versions.
The iPad Mini 8GB could cost as low as $249.
It’s said that the iPad Mini isn’t just smaller than the regular iPad, but it will also have a different design. It remains to be seen just how different.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Apple iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display not coming until October? Cheaper model could be launched earlier
- iPad Mini 2 will have 2,048×1,536 Retina Display with 324 ppi
- LTE iPad Mini and iPad 4 available now at Verizon, AT&T and Sprint
- New, redesigned 9.7 inch iPad 5 coming in Q3?
- Apple’s new iPad Mini 2 (with Retina display) could be 30% more expensive than current models
« Microsoft’s Surface for $499 is a statement they won’t Nexus 7 their partners, unless forced to by low salesWhy Asus Padfone 2 will fail just like Moto Atrix Webtop/Lapdock did. We don’t need another smartphone/tablet hybrid »