Shortly after AT&T unveiled the launch date and price of its LG Optimus G, Sprint has done the same thing. Unfortunately for Sprint customers, the carrier will launch the Optimus G a bit later than AT&T, namely on November 11. The good news is that Sprint won’t charge extra for the handset, offering it for the same $199.99 on contract.
Unlike AT&T’s Optimus G, which has an 8MP rear camera, the one on Sprint will keep the 13MP camera from the international version. But that’s not exactly a good thing, as The Verge demonstrates here.
Camera aside, Sprint’s Optimus G features a 4.7 inch IPS+ HD display, Android 4.0 ICS (upgradeable to Jelly Bean), LTE, quad-core Snapdragon processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of non-expandable memory, and a 2,100 mAh battery (which, according to LG, lasts longer that Samsung Galaxy S III’s battery). It’s certainly one of Sprint’s best smartphones this year, standing next to the iPhone 5, and the Galaxy S III.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T LG Optimus G launching on November 2 for $199.99
- LG Optimus G Pro and Samsung Galaxy S4 32GB available at AT&T now
- AT&T launching LG’s Optimus G Pro in May?
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for LG Optimus G rolling out in Korea
- Samsung Galaxy S4 32GB arrives at AT&T on May 10 (LG Optimus G Pro launches the same day)