At this point, one could just say that Google is trolling Nokia and Microsoft. In September, Motorola (owned by Google, remember) scheduled its unveiling of the Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR MAXX HD on the same day as Nokia‘s grand announcement about the Lumia 920 and Lumia 820.
This month, Google’s scheduled an event for October 29. Coincidentally (yeah, right!), that’s the exact same date on which Microsoft chose to officially unveil everything there is to know about Windows Phone 8, the latest iteration of its mobile operating system (that’s powering those aforementioned new Lumias).
So, yeah. In case you were still wondering when the next Nexus will see the light of day, wonder no more: it’s on October 29, just like a leak claimed.
That’s when we’ll probably see the LG Nexus 4 introduced. And maybe even Sony’s Nexus X, HTC Nexus 5, and Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus II. Some rumors have claimed that more than one smartphone will bear the Nexus brand this time around. One way or another, the LG Nexus 4 is pretty much sure to be there, judging from the incredible number of leaks we’ve seen lately.
The event takes place in New York City and starts at 10 am US Eastern Time.
Via Android Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR official image leaks via teaser site
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD discounted at Amazon
- Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR MAXX HD could arrive in October
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus (not Droid Prime) with LTE shows up in Verizon’s system
- Verizon might not launch a Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx at all