As reported last month, MetroPCS is officially getting ready to launch the Samsung Galaxy S III in the US. Today, the carrier has confirmed that the handset would be available in select stores this week-end, and in all stores (as well as online) starting October 22.
MetroPCS will sell the S III for $499 plus tax – no contract required. The smartphone features LTE, a 4.8 inch Super AMOLED HD display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera, and a 1.9MP front-facing camera.
MetroPCS’ Samsung Galaxy S III will run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich at launch, but an update to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is going to be made available in the coming months (not just for the MetroPCS version, but for all the S III variants that are already being sold in the US – at Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and US Cellular).
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- MetroPCS officially gets the Samsung Galaxy S III
- MetroPCS intros affordable Samsung Galaxy Admire 4G
- LG Connect 4G and Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G announced by MetroPCS
- AT&T launches HTC One X+, HTC One VX, Samsung Galaxy Express and Galaxy Camera
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III gets updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean