Sony Xperia T, Xperia V, Xperia S, Xperia Ion and others will be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Ben next year
Sony has just unveiled a rough timetable containing updates to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean that are scheduled to arrive on select Xperia handsets.
According to the company, the first smartphones to get Jelly Bean will be the Xperia T (pictured below), Xperia TX, and the waterproof Xperia V – starting from “mid Q1 2013.” After that, Sony will roll-out updates to the global versions of Xperia J, Xperia S, Xperia P, Xperia Ion, Xperia acro S, and Xperia go.
Sony has reconfirmed that its 2011 Xperias will remain running Andorid 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. They won’t get Jelly Bean because “beyond Ice Cream Sandwich we would not able to guarantee owners of these smartphones the user experience you expect and we demand.”
Sony didn’t talk about Android 4.1 Jelly Bean updates for its new Xperia Tablet S – but this one will get the new OS at some point anyway.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia V and Xperia T Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean updates rolling out
- Sony Xperia U, Miro, Tipo and Sola will not be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Sony Xperia S available now (in France)
- No Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Sony Xperia Arc S, Ray, Neo V and the other 2011 Xperias
- Android Jelly Bean updates for Sony Xperia P, Xperia Go and Xperia E Dual rolling out this week