US Cellular has recently launched two new and cheap Android smartphones.
The first one is the Huawei Ascend Y, which runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and features: a 3.5 inch HVGA display, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3.2MP rear camera, 800MHz processor, and MicroSD card support (2GB card pre-installed).
The Huawei Ascend Y is available online here at US Cellular. It costs $0.01 on contract, or $99.99 on pre-pay.
The second new handset is the Alcatel OneTouch Shockwave. This also runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, featuring a similar 3.5 in HVGA display. However, the Shockwave is, in fact, different, because it comes with “a shock resistant housing, special Dragontrail glass, and a water resistant casing.” Other than that, it has Wi-Fi, GPS, an 800MHz processor, 3.2MP rear camera, and 1GB of internal memory.
US Cellular is selling the Alcatel OneTouch Shockwave for $49.99 on contract.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- US Cellular launches the Alcatel OneTouch Premiere with Android, QWERTY keyboard
- Alcatel OneTouch T60 Android tablet unveiled by the FCC
- Alcatel OneTouch 995 with Android Gingerbread (upgradeable to ICS) coming soon
- Huawei Ascend II now available for free at US Cellular
- Huawei Ascend Y200 and Ascend G300 released in India