Sony announced that it’s bringing its rugged and waterproof Xperia Go smartphone to Canada.
Already available in Europe, as well as in the US (where it’s being called Xperia Advance), the Xperia Go will debut in Canada next month (November). Customers will be able to find it at Fido (in black or white), as well as at Sony Stores, in a limited yellow-colored edition. Pricing details will be announced later.
The smartphone is IP67 certified, and features a 3.5 inch HVGA scratch-resistant display, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP rear camera, 1 GHz dual-core processor, 512MB of RAM, 8GB of internal memory, and MicroSD card support.
The Xperia Go will run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich at launch in Canada. The handset has been included by Sony in a list of devices that are going to get Android Jelly Bean updates early next year.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia ZL officially launching in Canada soon
- Sony Xperia SP priced in the US. Xperia Z is already available there
- Sony Xperia V definitely launching in early December in Europe
- Sony Xperia P and Xperia U delayed in the UK until late May
- Sony Xperia Acro S, Tipo Dual, and Advance coming soon to the US