Samsung has confirmed that its first (and only, for now) Windows Phone 8 handset – the Ativ S – would be available in Canada starting November. We’ve previously heard that Rogers would offer the Ativ S to Canadian customers, and now Samsung has added three other carriers: Telus, Bell, and SaskTel.
Unfortunately, there’s still no word on how much the Ativ S will cost in Canada.
At 8.7 mm, the Samsung Ativ S is the thinnest Windows Phone 8 handset until now. It features a 4.8 inch Super AMOLED HD display, LTE, 8MP rear camera, 1.9MP front-facing camera, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 16GB / 32GB of internal memory, and MicroSD card support.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung ATIV S (Odyssey) with Windows Phone 8, and Samsung ATIV Windows RT Tablet announced
- Samsung Ativ S with Windows Phone 8 now shipping in the UK
- More evidence that Samsung’s Ativ S WP8 handset won’t be launched this year
- Samsung Ativ S and HTC Tiara to be Sprint’s first Windows Phone 8 devices
- Samsung Ativ S to bring its Windows Phone 8 charm to the UK and Canada this week